em benin
Embassy of Venezuela in Benin
Venezuela PDF Print E-mail

escudoGeneral Information

Name Official: Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela

Type of Government: Democratic, participatory, leading, elective, decentralized, alternative, responsible, pluralist and revocable mandates.

President: Nicolás Maduro Moros.

Capital: Caracas, located in the Capital District. Seat to the National Public Power entity.

Political Territorial Division: 23 states, 1 Capital District and Federal Dependencies consisting of 311 islands, cays and islets.

Population Distribution: 93% Urban - 7% Rural

Population: 28,384,132 - Projected to 2009

Religion: 92% of the population is Catholic and the remaining 8% are of other religions.

Official Language: The official language is Spanish. The indigenous languages are also of official use to the indigenous people and must be respected throughout the territory of the Republic, for this language constitutes the cultural heritage of the Nation and humanity.

Official Currency: The Bolivar

Local Time: GMT -4:30 hours

Nationality: Venezuelan, which is not lost upon electing or acquiring another nationality.

 

Otras Noticias

Videos Portada

botomtramites
 bt
 bot faceb